Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rest and reflect

I'm not sure if it's good or not, but I think I'm so attached to my mum that I always miss her after a long day out. Every time when I get home from uni, being physically and mentally exhausted, I will hug her tightly. Then I'd feel so much better. She doesn't really know how to comfort me by words. Basically she gives me the same reply every time I tell her I'm very stressed out. Haha. Like. 

"Don't get so stressed out la." ... 

"Don't study so hard la bi.." ... 

*When I keep pressing the calculator for half an hour*
"You cannot do ah? o.O"
Me: *poker face* 

I think that's all. She doesn't want me to study so hard cuz she always comes across some articles about stress-related suicide and she is quite worried about her daughter...hahahah but mama, life is too short for me to commit suicide :P 

Recently I've been spending more and more time alone. Like chillaxing at a cafe. Studying at library. Driving out alone. Hmmm :-) As I spend more time doing stuff alone, I find myself getting more and more comfortable with it. Sometimes life gets too hectic, we tend to lose sight of the little things that matter. It's the time when I'm being alone, I think of all the little things that get left behind. Like I may forget to say thank you to my mom who prepares breakfast for me every morning. I may also forget how lonely my dog is to stay home alone all day long while me spending time outside studying or having fun. I may also forget how loving my dad is, who tries to talk to me to make me feel better but sometimes I'm being indifferent to him just because I'm too stressed out. Or I may forget how caring my friends are, to ask me out for a meal or drink cuz they worried I push myself too hard. I also forget to skype with my sister who's at overseas now just because I'm too busy with my own stuff.. and I might forget the little promises that I've made to other people or.. forget to care about the people that I've hurt in the past. I might also complain on bad days, zoom in the petty little things, keep holding on the grudges and hates, and then make life gets so tough for myself. 

Then I came across another article. About 10 things we should remind ourselves on daily basis. One of 'em impressed me.

"You don’t have to know all the answers. No one ever has life all figured out. We are always learning and growing. Life itself is a mystery and it’s okay to feel clueless sometimes." 

Sometimes we are too stubborn to figure out the answer. Try so hard to get things clarified. In the end, do we feel any better?

Time for a reflection. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment